Thursday, May 27, 2010

GOOD BYE HOUSE (rough draft)


Wow, I have much to catch up on.  In the last week I've had plenty of funny stories to tell, but I am so dazed and confused I'm sure it will take me eons for my brain to catch up with where I'm at.

On the day before thre truck was supposed to be picked up we were so tired that there was a lot of stuff that should have gone on it, but we were so tired that we kept saying, "we can put this in the fifth wheel".  Well, guess what?  The fifth wheel wasn't big enough to stash everything that we left off the truck.  And, as we started loading it, Brian realized that we may be going over weight for the hitch we had.  So then it was, "we can put this in my little trailer and truck".  Still, there were several items that we just had to leave behind. 

Our scheduled May 24 launch day got pushed to May 25 and as it turned out we didn't actually pull out until 3:30 p.m..  We just kept finding that last little thing we had to do to finalize our California departure.  I won't go into what I call Brian's "anal-isms", but tasks like making sure the trash bags outside were neat, vacuuming one last time and that sort of thing. 

Here's the travel monster...

I cried as we boarded the 91 freeway, destination Tennessee.  Maybe more on our trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment