Monday, May 17, 2010

MOVING DAY FOUR & FIVE

DAY 4 --
(Sunday) was about the same as day three.  My son Jim came over to help (thank you Jim).  They got the piece I was most worried about for Brian, the big treadmill... sucker's heavy.  And, I don't mean the kind of cosmos "heavy"  that those of us from the 60's and 70's grew up saying.  Good grief, where did that come from?  

Anyhoo, I think I've discovered that packing the loose ends are the hardest.  Walking around trying to find stuff that will just fit in the almost full box in order to close it up and not smush in the cross country ride is not as easy as it would seem.  Each and every one of the last boxes might have a coat or stuffed animal as the final offering.  Brian is finding that the loose ends in the garage is a conumdrum.  He's saved the odd shaped pieces for last and has to think just a little harder to puzzle them in, but he's doing it.  So very glad that we've had five days to load the stuff-mobile.

The trip to Lowe's this day was for plywood and 2x4's and what he called "one bys" so he could build crates for our embroidery machines.  I was very worried about the receiving condition of what's going to be our bread and butter after the cross country trip in a freight carrier trailer.  Brian did an excellent job on the crate building and now I am pretty worry free. As we get mobile this morning, I'll take a pic and put in the "moving" album. Ah but I need to finish off that pot of coffee first.

DAY 5:
Outside of finishing up the loading we will be waitng to hear that we actually got the offer for our house.  Our original offer backed out and we had more people come look on Friday.  Our agent told us that their agent called her with a "verbal" intent to offer. 

More to share at the end of the day...

The neighbor across the street is going to take our old refrigerator that we were going to have to call someone to haul off.  She's going to take Tracie's old bedroom set that we never, ever wanted to move again.  Those items we're giving for free, but I'm selling her my kitchen dinette for $25.00.  One nights dinner on the road taken care of.

Brian finished the crates we needed done today.  I guess they had to be done since today's the last day.


I DON'T THINK WE CAN GET ANY MORE EXHAUSTED!  We are as done as we're going to get.
Cripe! I am falling asleep at my computer as I write this.  I'm going to bed and I finish up tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment