Sunday, June 13, 2010

PAT'S MISADVENTURE

My GPS has made me pretty direction stupid and I just follow where she says to go. As well, I've come to the conclusion that she's mad at me because I have her running on 2008 software.  She got me good the other day. 

I was just going to the Tractor Supply to pick up dog food...

I wanted to try the back way route out of our neighborhood and keyed in the Kroger store because it's in the same shopping strip.  I didn't pay attention to the street nor the miles my "gal" told me it would be and took off.  I knew I was okay the first 3 or 4 turns and then "she" told me to turn right instead of left when I was probably three quarters of the way there. 

I start on the every day basic road and then I'm going through residential areas where the roads are twisting and turning, doing the roller coaster thing.  I always wondered what "through hill and dale" meant and I'm thinking I was pretty close to that.  Anyhoo, what was supposed to be a 4 mile and 15 minutes drive has turned out to be going on 45 minutes and I was clueless to where I was at.  I did have that false sense of security a GPS gives, but was seriously wondering about my "gal".  I finally realize that I'm in Lake Tansi, which is way south of my neighborhood Kroger store, but giving in to my "gal" the benefit of the doubt and my love of adventure I kept moving on.  However, when I got to this road...

I'm thinking maybe I better think of an alternative.  So, after several more miles of similar terrain I decide I would change my direction and head for home.  That's when I realized that my GPS was set on "shortest distance" and she was taking me as the crow files, but obviously not to my Kroger.

After changing from "shortest" to "fastest" she put me on a different road...
... and then I did start to see repeat streets and two hours later after finally finding my local Tractor Supply and Kroger I pulled into the driveway. 

Thanks for "listening".


No comments:

Post a Comment