Thursday, June 10, 2010

HOTEL BETTY



Hotel Betty Big Horn is home and resting comfortably.  Since we aren't moving any of the furniture into the house until the carpet is installed, this is where we're sleeping at night.  Much better than a pallet on the floor for sure.  Speaking of carpet...  it wasn't supposed to arrive until June 18 and then an install date was to be determined.  Hooray! They called last night and the carpet has arrived and we will know today when it's actually going to be at our door step.

The big dogs are going through somewhat of a shock since I've been crating them about 11:00 p.m. or so, and they are sleeping in the "dog room".  I think I'll continue this practice once we officially move into the house.  Of course, Daddy's P Effn Princess Lucy gets to sleep with us in the big bed. 

This morning (as every morning), I wake early and feel guilty that the big girls are crated so I get up, walk to the house and take them out for pee, breakfast and poop.  I have learned that off leash is not a great idea and I'm especially glad that I had Lucy leashed today.  I opened the door to the camper and I saw a family of squirrels (about 5) under Brian's truck.  I thought it would be cute to see Lucy's reaction.  She spotted them and her Flexi turned into a yo yo.  This little Chiwennie wanted them BAD and in a split second the leash extended to it's end and rebounded much to the little dogs dismay.  We contined on, and little Lucy was very proud of herself that "she" chased one of the varmits up a tree.  The bad news is that she was so preoccupied that it took me forever to get her to focus on the potty time.

No comments:

Post a Comment